PreSonus ERIS E8 Studio Monitors (Pair)
Simply one of the best monitors we've heard, even without a sub-woofer there's enough kick in the 8" drivers to give a great warm sound in the studio or even the lounge room.
The E8 contains an 8-inch, Kevlar low-frequency transducer, driven by a 75 watt, Class AB power amplifier, it can range down to 35 Hz. Like the E5, the E8 can reach all the way to 22 kHz, thanks to a 1.25-inch (32 mm), silk-dome, high-frequency tweeter. However, the E8's tweeter is driven by a heftier 65W, Class AB amplifier. With its extra juice, the E8 can deliver up to 105 dB SPL, peak.
Eris E8 provides balanced XLR, balanced TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs. When both balanced connections are in use, the TRS input will supersede the XLR input. The RCA input is summed into the signal path.
With this selection, you'll have no problem hooking your Eris E8s up with virtually any line-level source. (If your signal source has unbalanced, outputs, simply use an RCA adapter or adapter cable.)
- 8-Inch Kevlar low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- 130 watt , Class AB bi-amplification
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Midrange (±6 dB, continuously variable), HF (±6 dB, continuously variable), High-Pass (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz) and Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Optimised, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- Balanced XLR/_-inch and unbalanced RCA inputs
- 105 dB maximum continuous SPL
- For more information, please visit the manufacturer's website.